Skip to main content

THE HUMAN MIND: THE BIRTHPLACE OF THE MODERN WORLD.

image from payh.org


It's the year 2032, 10 years after the first robot was launched, our planet earth has paved the way with the help of the human mind, for the machines who look like us but are devoid in what makes a human, human, to wine and dine amongst us.

Yet there was a time the idea of robots was just a figment of an imaginative mind and this speaks of every technological material ever made

Since the beginning of time, the human mind has continued to evolve, creating and giving life to ideas.

On August 21, 2021 Elon Musk one of the richest men in the world, if not the richest, the hierarchy is dynamic, made an announcement about the launch of a Tesla bot prototype set to be released in the coming year.

image from wired


This announcement was met with a lot of mixed feelings on the internet, memes being circulated around.

Despite this being another significant technological leap, I couldn't but wonder like so many others about what this signifies for the future since this bot is going to help with 'eliminating boring and repetitive tasks'.

What does this mean for the ones whose daily needs are met by carrying out this tasks, I guess the future will share its secrets soon.

Paranoia from movies some of us have watched about robots taking over also influenced what some of us perceived about this idea.

One popular movie that fits this narrative is I, Robots. 

image from fanpop


If you've watched it you will understand what I'm saying. Maybe we are just playing out the script of the paranoid Detective Spooner, thinking that there will be a time this Robots will become sentient and evolve like Sonny or Ava in Ex-machina.

Perhaps you feel this idea is a joke made by a billionaire who felt bored, and it's not possible but be aware of this every piece of technology in our modern day world was once an impossibility. 

The future is conceived in our imaginations, designed by our minds and made to life with our hands.

This is why I love movies so much, though some of the genres don't reflect reality, we can't all wake up and look animated or one day spot Godzilla or read in the news about a zombie apocalypse but they all give us a glimpse of what the human mind can imagine and bring to life in the form of moving pictures.

REALITY LIMITS, BUT THE HUMAN MIND IS LIMITLESS.

Comments

  1. That's just the truth to which how far human mind can actually go. Nice piece����

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The human mind is more like a maze; it is amazing, the heights we can get to, if we chose to harness its power.

      Delete
  2. Beautiful piece👌

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Nigerians!! In These Tough Times, We Need To Shed Our Individualism

This is my first article for the year, and I apologize for starting on this note. My first writing for the year should have started pleasantly. One of those extolling 'Self-Love' and the many talks of how you should be gentler in the new year, be more proactive, take it easy, forgive yourself, and all of that, but since we are not 'Greeing for anybody this year,' I am starting my year this way.  But then again, you should trust me because I have something like that in my drafts. Still, while scrolling through Twitter last night, I came across a user's comment saying, ' Our growth as Nigerians lies in us ditching our individualism as a society and embracing communal living.  That struck a chord, and just like that, I knew I had something to write about. However, before I get into all of that writing, let me offer you some context.  This takes me back to the very first time I stepped into Lagos. It was more like a rude awakening. I have never had to battle with tr...
  BRIEF INSIGHTS INTO MENTAL HEALTH During my undergrad days as a student of Psychology I never really could comprehend the full grasp of mental health and the role it plays on the daily lives of people. I can say one of the reasons for this was that my courses were solely theoretical in nature, not much of practical, one of the many flaws of the educational system being run in the institution I attended but this isn’t our focus in this write-up. When I started coming in contact with Abnormal Psychology and started learning about mental disorders, I was fascinated and intrigued by the wide array of mental disorders present in our world today. I was aware of mental illness and what I thought it looked like judging from the mentally ill people that parade our locality but getting to work in a mental hospital made me understand that mental illness is more than that and entails a whole lot more than the physical appearance. In our world today mental health is no longer a new topi...

Are we just here for the bag?

I love asking random questions from people. You know, just to strike a conversation, try to understand your perspectives and why you hold certain opinions. So, recently I have been asking folks this particular question. "If you had everything you needed If money is never going to be a problem, Would you be doing what you are doing right now?" Are you actually passionate about your line of work, or you just need money, and that is the reason you are hanging on"?  I have always been a fan of living to the full. Experiencing all your emotions and just getting it all out with no holds barred. But lately, I have been doing some thinking. How can you even do this if you do not have enough money? It is funny how everything we do is linked to finding money in the best way possible. Every decision you make, no matter how crucial it is, as much as it is not a matter of life and death, money is at the root of it.  They say pursue your dreams, chase your passion, but how can you eve...